With Christmas just around the corner I wanted to invite you all to the Shop to browse our fantastic range of seasonal fayre. We have everything you need to transform this Christmas into something very special; from cards, stationery and crackers through cakes, biscuits, con-fectionery and stocking fillers to wines and spirits – we have it all! Our aim this year has been to stock something for everyone, lots of gifts and goodies and plenty of Love Local products. After a difficult few month for most of us I think we all deserve a treat!
If you can’t make it into the Shop you can still see what we have by browsing our Christmas Catalogue. This is a brand new feature on our website which will allow you to see an image and read a description of each of our goodies. Click here for OUR NEW CHRISTMAS CATALOGUE
As in previous years, we are happy to take orders for all your Christmas meats from Rawlings, flowers, table arrangements and wreaths from Juliette, wines and spirits from Taurus and cakes and biscuits from Sugarparty – all available to pick up from the Shop. What could be easier? Order forms for all our Christmas products are available from the Shop.
If you’re looking for a gift for a friend or relative we have our lovely Christmas hamper bags for sale. Just buy a bag and fill it with whatever you like.
We have a fantastic offer during December. 10% off a selection of our Champagne and sparkling wine – perfect for the party season (if we’re allowed!!)
We will be open until 4pm on Christmas Eve, closed on Christmas Day and December 26th, then open until 12:30pm on the 27th and 4pm on Bank Holiday Monday the 28th. On New Year’s Eve we will be closing at 4pm and then re-opening with normal hours on the 2nd of January.
Seasons Greetings from Gary and all the staff, volunteers and Shop Committee members
September Shop News
We do! And we know you do too. We’re so happy to showcase the talent, quality and diversity of our Love Local suppliers. We can all support the small business community on our doorstep that is now back from a difficult and challenging lockdown period. Our shop is a treasure trove of fantastic Love Local goodies.
Say it with flowers!
You can spot a Flowers by Juliette bouquet from 100m away! The hand-picked, hand-tied bouquets come in wonderful colour combinations and brighten up our shop. Come and pick up a bunch – the flowers last for ages and we love that Juliette doesn’t use cellophane.
Use your loaf!
Now weekends feel like weekends again, we want to give a big shout out to our artisan bakers. Two suppliers from Petworth deliver to us weekly:
- Hungry Guest: best sellers are 5 seed sourdough bread and Challah bread. Place your order before noon on Fridays – delivers on Sunday mornings.
- SØDT: best sellers are corn bread and HUGE cheese straws – they’re not a metre long, but almost! Seeing is believing; tasting is even better. Place your order before noon on Wednesdays – delivers on Thursdays.
Let’s hold on to summer for a bit longer.
- Dylan’s Ice Cream has been this year’s big hit and cheered us all up, particularly those who’ve had a staycation. N-ice, N-ice Baby!
- And what about a bottle of white? 10% off! Firstly from France, Duc de Morny Picpoul de Pinet L’Ormerine still on promotional offer at £9.99. And from South Africa, our wine of the month, False Bay Windswept £9.50 at 10% off, a great new Sauvignon Blanc. “Really refreshing, vibrant and amazingly good value for the quality,” says Rupert from Taurus Wines.
Who gives a crap?
We do. This jazzy loo paper is a great, feel-good product with a big heart – 50% of profits go to help build toilets and sanitation for people in need. Soft as unicorn kisses and as strong as 1000 ponies but don’t take their word for it. So bog off, grab a roll or two – don’t get caught short!
We are very proud of the charity support we provide…
- We’ve supported Macmillan thanks to a customer who has been busy making bright and cheerful face masks. You can buy them at the shop front door if you’ve forgotten yours. And yes, we really like you to wear one and please be patient as we can only have two people in the shop at a time.
- And last, but by no means least, we support local charities too. Arthouse Unlimited is another pool of talented people in our community and supplies us with cheeky cards, handmade soaps and handmade chocolates.
New social distancing rules from 24 July
From 24 July, two customers wearing face masks will be allowed in the Shop and Post Office at a time. Please follow social distancing rules and sanitise your hands before entering. This will continue to be available at the Shop door.
Face masks to purchase will be available outside the Shop for customers. We will have disposable 3-ply face masks at 50p per mask on sale as well as the re-usable cloth masks at £5 donation to MacMillan.
Please continue to queue outside with a two metre distance in between you and the next customer!
The Shop Management Committee 2021 & beyond
We are looking for enthusiastic and proactive volunteers to join our Management Committee in 2021. If you enjoy working as part of a team and would like to be involved in supporting YOUR community shop to continue to thrive, please get in touch. Now, more than ever before, the shop has proved its worth to each and every one of us.
The posts that will become available include the roles of Chairman, Marketing, Social Media and Volunteer Coordination. And we also enjoy holding occasional events. We run an organised ship and always welcome fresh ideas.
If you are interested or you know someone who would be, just email Email: email@example.com and we will get in touch for a chat.
Or call the Shop on 01483 200246, leave a message and one of the committee will call you back.
Go on – you know you would love it!