DELIVERIES AND COLLECTIONS
We are trading as a delivery and collection only shop. We are closed to walk in customers but we are here to serve you, just in a different way. We are so grateful for how staff, volunteers and the community have stepped up to be part of this new version of the Shop as we adapt to the fast changing requirements of the Corona Virus pandemic. We may look quiet from the outside but our wonderful staff and volunteers are at work inside the Shop fulfilling the orders!
Each day we are adapting to what works best. Please expect changes and we will do our best to communicate clearly and with as much warning as possible. Importantly, we are also working in line with Government advice. So we would like you to stay at home and plan your provisioning. Ideally, you order/collect from us weekly where possible. This means we can spread our stock as widely as possible across the community and our staff and volunteers are as efficient as possible.
- Our delivery service is for self-isolation households only and those identified in the government’s vulnerable groups who wish to maintain a high degree of social distance due to age or underlying health issues.
- Our collection service is for all villagers, supplying essential goods for those who need supplies and cannot obtain them elsewhere; if necessary, preference will be given to elderly and vulnerable households.
- On all orders, we need accurate and full information. For deliveries, we need your name, address, and directions to your home. For all orders, we need clear information eg bread (brown/ sliced/white etc). Please only send us one email per order. If you are collecting, please check the name on the box/bag so you pick up the correct order. We strongly prefer orders by email on email@example.com. Alternatively, call us on 200246. Orders are only taken between 10 am and noon. Deliveries and collections 4pm to 6pm. Monday to Friday.
27 March 2020
Also, please see Shop News 1 April 2020
NEWSPAPERS AND DELIVERIES
Newspapers will continue to be delivered.
We have had to make some changes to newspapers, based on strong Government advice on social distancing.
- We have now STOPPED selling newspapers for purchase outside the Shop in the mornings. No further sales will take place.
- We will only continue to have newspapers to pick up from the vegetable rack for customers who pay for their newspapers on account. 8am until 10 am, Monday to Sunday.
- We can add your newspaper or magazine to a collection or a delivery order.
- If you don’t have a customer account, and you would like to continue to purchase a newspaper from us, please send us an email and we will set up an account for you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
25 March 2020
All outstanding dry cleaning needs to be collected! The service will no longer be offered by the Shop until further notice. Please collect your dry cleaning between 8 am and 10 am, Monday to Sunday, by bringing your ticket with you and knocking on the Shop window.
23 March 2020